* Commercial Supervisors
A work/life balance awaits a talented, hardworking team player at Gardon Construction. As a site superintendent, you will be provided with challenges, variety, and a supportive work environment that will provide personal and professional growth opportunities.
Our Site Superintendents, under the guidance of the Project Manager/Project Coordinator:
• Assist with overall project performance including quality and project control.
• Develop an excellent rapport with subtrades and clients.
• Have a thorough understanding of plans and specifications; and ensure all changes are incorporated and noted on the site copies.
• Develop RFI’s and follow up using construction specific software
• Note and look for solutions to possible risks.
• Request and receive materials on site; ensure accuracy of deliveries and advises the project manager/project coordinator of any problems.
• Ensure high standards of workmanship, quality control and the COR Safety Program.
• Perform other duties as required and directed through the project manager.
• Post secondary education in a related field.
• Journeyman Carpenter
• Minimum 3 years as a construction site superintendent
• Strong communications skills – verbal and written.
• Strong ability to read and understand drawings.
• Knowledge of building materials, equipment, and construction techniques.
• The ability to assess problems and find solutions.
• The ability to succeed under pressure and strict timelines.
• Knowledge of applicable construction building codes; and where to look to find the answers.
• Strong understanding of construction sequences and the ability to plan and organize same.
• Understanding and knowledge of software products; including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and Outlook – and the ability to quickly learn new software programs.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with in house staff and outside influences.
Gardon Construction has long term employees and provides a competitive compensation package. If this sounds like the career for you; we look forward to receiving your resume.
To apply, e-mail: